Thank you for joining us for our 10:00 am challenge! If you’re just joining us be sure to see the schedule below and visit our kick-off post with Cathy Zielske last hour!
10:00 am – We are joined by Nicole Nowosad and an “add the layers” challenge!
12:00 pm – We are joined by Latisha Yoast and an “it’s all about friendship” challenge!
2:00 pm – We are joined by Sheri Reguly with an “over the rainbow” challenge!
4:00 pm – We are joined by Jill Dewey-Hawkins with a “clean and simple” challenge!
6:00 pm – We are joined by Editor-in-chief Susan R. Opel with a “let’s color” challenge!
This hour the ever-talented Nicole Nowosad is here. Nicole has created a gorgeous card that seems to fit with the fall season, it’s full of layers!
“Happy World Card Making Day! Nicole here to share a fun way to say HELLO using repetition as a design element to a card. I created a fun and versatile Hello card to share with you using some pretty Echo Park Paper.
I diecut several “hello” using my Silhouette digital cutter, from various patterns in the Echo Park Summer Fun collection and lined them up on my card base. This created almost a patterned paper look to the background of my card.
Next, I diecut a large circle from vellum and added a digitally cut script “hello” for my sentiment, adding a smaller stamped sub-title using some Stampin’ Up stamps and cardstock. I added foam adhesive behind that stamped strip and added this over the series of hellos on my card front.
The vellum adds a nice softness over the bold larger letters on the base of the card, while still allowing the pattern to peek through.
I hope you will give this a try on a card project today! You could definitely do this technique with different sentiments for different occasions and get a completely different look!
Happy World Card Making Day!”
~ Nicole Nowosad
Thank you, Nicole, for not only creating this beautiful card for our World Card Making Day celebration but for helping to organize this amazing day on the SCT blog! <let’s do a collective “thanks Nicole!”>
Our challenge this hour is to create a card with added layers! Nicole created multiple layers on her card and we can’t wait to see what you create too!
- Create a card with “layers” and send an image of it to us at email@example.com.
- Please put “WCMD 10:00 am challenge” in your reference line.
- Ensure your image is less than 2mb. (very important or we cannot share it!)
- You have until October 13th to send your submission to us. We will share a selection of today’s challenge submissions on October 15th!
Our sweet friends at Pink & Main have joined today’s fun by sharing a $25 surprise package for one lucky SCT winner.
To enter our WCMD giveaways:
- Visit the Pink & Main website HERE and let us know what products you would love to win by October 13th;
- For a second entry, leave a comment on the post with this prize on our Instagram page;
- For a third entry, leave a comment on the post with this prize on our Facebook page;
- One winner for each prize today will be randomly selected and announced on October 15th.
- You do not have to participate in the challenge for our hourly prizes…but we would love it if you do!
Thank you for joining us for our 10:00 am challenge! See you at noon!