Can you believe it's Day 8 of our "12 days of holiday giving!"? Each day has been filled with wonderful prizes from our sponsors and today's prizes are FANTASTIC! We always say we have the best readers and the best team but we also have to say we have the BEST sponsors too! Let's get ready to sing our favourite holiday tune around here and welcome Day 8!
On the 8th day of the "12 days of holiday giving!" SCT gave to me…a beautiful project from Design Team Member Kimber McGray and a prize package from Jillibean Soup, Core'dinations Color Core Cardstock and PinkFresh Studios! Let's get started!
"Welcome back to another great day of the 12 Days of Giving! Today I have a project for you that I created using the new Jillibean Soup Mix the Media line. There are so many great pieces in this line that are perfect for all of us that love to create DIY projects for our homes and for gifts.
This project uses the Jillibean Soup 6×6 Wood Plank, Polka Dot Stencil, Smile Stencil, Wise Words stickers and Wooden Sprinkles embellishments along with Tim Holtz Distress Paint and Marta Stewart White Texture Effects Paste.
1. To start, lay the large polka dot stencil over the wood plank frame. Use the Tim Holtz Distress paint and daub over the entire surface until all of the stencil has been covered. Remove the stencil and wipe clean with a baby wipe.
2. Wipe the wood plank with a baby wipe to remove most of the distress paint. This will give you a more subtle back ground of dots.
3. Lay the Smile stencil on the center of the wood plank and apply texture paste to the opening, covering completely. Remove the stencil and clean the it with a baby wipe.
4. Before the paste dries, use a craft stick or other flat item to remove the paste dot above the i in smile.
5. Finish the project by embellishing with a few Wooden Sprinkles and the 'everyday' Wise Words sticker.
This project only took 10 minutes to complete. A quick and easy project that would be great for a gift or sitting on your mantel." ~ Kimber McGray
DAY EIGHT GIVEAWAY!!!
Don't you love when there are not one, not two, but three prizes to giveaway? We start today's giveaway with a great prize from Jillibean Soup.
New from Jillibean Soup is the Mix the Media collection! This collection is perfect for all of you DIY meets crafter or any kind! The Wood Planks, Chalkboards and Galvanized frames come in varying sizes from 6×6-inches to 12×12-inches. They can be stenciled, painted, stained, sanded, decorated or used just as they are. The possibilities are endless!
A collection of the Core'dinations ChalkCore Cardstock which has been hugely popular!
Our friends at Pinkfresh Studios are launching a brand new kit club in January and they want one lucky winner to have the very first kit!
These wonderful prizes can be yours! For an opportunity to win, please leave a comment below by 6:00 pm EST on Sunday, December 21st. All prizes will be announced right here and on Facebook at noon on December 23rd! Good luck everyone!
We have been hearing how much our sponsors are LOVING the SCT readers for sharing love on their Facebook pages for these prizes! Thank you for taking the time to do that. For today's sponsors, please visit them on Facebook here:
But wait, there's more! Here are even more chances to win!!!
Next up is day 9! Ahhh, day 9. You won't want to miss it! Enjoy your Monday friends…see you tomorrow!!!