Good morning SCT readers! Thank you so much for joining us on Day One of our "12 days of holiday giving" We are thrilled you are here to take part in our favourite 12 days of the year on the SCT blog. During these 12 days our design team and our partners will be joining us each day with a fun mix of inspiration and prizes all celebrating YOU! YOU are worth celebrating. YOU, our incredible readers, are why we do what we do. But this isn't any day one, this day one is special and we are kicking it off BIG! Nicole Nowosad joins us today so let's get this party started!
"Welcome to the Scrapbook and Cards Today blog! I am excited to be on the blog today to share a quick and easy way to make a unique small gift holder! I created these gift holders out of the Fancy Pants Oh, Deer! Collection and thought I would show you how you can make your own in just a few simple steps.
Let’s get started:
1) Die cut 4 3 ½” circles from double sided patterned paper
2) Fold each of the circles in half, keeping the pattern you want on the outside of your gift holder to the outside.
3) Add a small amount of tape runner or glue dots to the bottom ¼ of your folded circle, on the inside pattern. Adhere a 2nd folded circle overtop the adhesive so that they are attached.
4) Repeat with remaining 2 folded circles
5) Add adhesive and place the circles together to form a box like shape. The inside circles will overlap.
6) Using a 1/8” circle punch, punch small holes into the top of 2 sides of the box.
7) Add your small gift inside (a gift card will fit, but you can also use this for small jewellery pieces etc), then tuck the two unpunched sides of the box shape in and tie the flaps with punched holes together with twine.
Supplies: Patterned paper (Fancy Pants), Twine (May Arts), Adhesive (Adhesives by 3L)
I decorated the top of each of my gift holders with some diecut and chipboard shapes and tied a tag onto each to finish them off! Easy!
DAY ONE GIVEAWAY!!!
To kick off our "12 days of Holiday Giving" today's INCREDIBLE giveaways are brought to us by our good friends at Janome Canada and Fancy Pants Designs! I hold both of these companies near and dear to my heart as I use my Janome machine on almost every project I make – it really is the perfect machine to use on your paper crafting projects and I love the Oh, Deer collection which I used on today's project." ~ Nicole
The Janome G1218 is an easy to operate, powerful machine that delivers convenience from a top-loading bobbin to 18 fully adjustable stitch selections. Accessory feet are changed with a push of a button to release them, and they can be raised up and over any project with the extra-high presser foot lift. The 4-step buttonhole is also up for any challenge with density and balance adjustment. Once you sew on this machine, you won’t believe how easy it is!
Of course, with your sewing machine you need some paper right? Our friends at Fancy Pants have you covered and would love to share their Oh, Deer! Collection too!
How amazing are these prizes? Can you just imagine these landing on your doorstep? Well they will for one lucky SCT reader!!! For an opportunity to win, please leave a comment below by 6:00 pm EST on Sunday, December 21st. All prizes will be announced right here and on Facebook at noon on December 23rd! Good luck everyone!
For all our friends on Facebook, we would LOVE for you to take a moment to give each day's sponsor a huge "SCT thank you!" and "LIKE" them on Facebook if you don't already. Our sponsors always love to hear from you and they tell us all the time our readers are the best. We agree! For today's sponsors, please visit them on Facebook here:
But wait there's more! (don't you love hearing that?) For even more chances to win today's giveaways, enter below!
See you tomorrow for Day Two! You're going to love it 😉