Hello! It’s 12:00 pm and we are back for another fun challenge with cardmaker extraordinaire Latisha Yoast! Be sure to review the schedule below and visit our previous posts to catch up on today’s events too!
12:00 pm – We are joined by Latisha Yoast and an “it’s all about friendship” challenge!
2:00 pm – We are joined by Sheri Reguly with an “over the rainbow” challenge!
4:00 pm – We are joined by Jill Dewey-Hawkins with a “clean and simple” challenge!
6:00 pm – We are joined by Editor-in-chief Susan R. Opel with a “let’s color” challenge!
This hour it’s all about friendship! Isn’t that what makes the world a happier place? Latisha has created several cards that her friends will be lucky to receive.
“Hello, friends! Thank you so much for joining us at SCT to celebrate World Card Making Day. Today is a perfect time, to try new techniques, get caught up on Thinking of You cards, Birthday Cards or to get ahead on Christmas Cards. What better way to spend a Saturday than making cards to bring loved ones joy!
I went out of my comfort zone while making these cards. Playing with inks, stencils, tape and splattering techniques.
You’re a Great Friend card – 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- For this card, I masked a 1.25 inch of the front panel of the card.
- Using ink and blending tool, applying ink in a rainbow gradient.
- Stamping the heart with Versamark repeatedly in each color. Then stamping the sentiment in black ink, as well as the heart in black.
- Embellishing by adding enamel hearts and scoring the top of the card above the ink.
A Happy Hello – 3.5 x 7 inches
- The card base measures 3.5 x 5.5 inches.
- The top panel started as a 3.25 x 6.75 piece of white cardstock.
- Using oxide inks applying ink (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple).
- Once the panel is covered in ink.
- Using gold glittered watercolors and water, apply splatters using a watercolor brush.
- Stamp the sentiment in black ink.
- Embellish using white enamel hearts and twine.
- Adhere to the card using foam adhesive.
Thanks – 3.5 x 5.5 inches
- Create a card base using a dotted red paper.
- Trim a white panel to 3.25 x 5.25 inches.
- Lay the stencil over the white panel and apply ink. Splatter ink onto the panel.
- Adhere .25 x 3.25 strip of black cardstock to the bottom 1/3 of the panel with adhesive.
- Stamp sentiment in black ink underneath the strip of black cardstock.
- Diecut the “thanks” diecuts with white cardstock. On the back diecut, apply ink with a sponge dauber, layer the thanks diecut in white on top with adhesive.
- Apply the “thanks” diecut to the card using foam adhesive.
- Tie a bow and adhere above the “thanks”.
- Adhere the panel to the card front using foam adhesive.
Thank you again for joining us today! Please share the cards make this weekend, so we can ooh and aah over them!!”
Supplies: Stamps: SCT & GinaK; Lovely Words Stamp set, SSS; Thanks Words; Dies: SSS thanks; Cardstock: Lawn Fawn; White cardstock, black licorice cardstock, Bo Bunny; Strawberry Double Dot; Embellishments: Doodlebug Designs; heart enamel dots, Lawn Fawn; Black Licorice twine, Nuvo; Crystal Drops clear; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L; foam squares, E-Z dots permanent adhesive dots, Lawn Fawn; glue tube; Ink: Distress Oxide; mowed lawn, candied apple, wild honey, salty ocean, spiced marmalade, Tsukineko; VersaMark, VersaFine onyx black; Watercolor: Kuretake; white gold, blue gold; Stencils: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous gradient square; Misc: watercolor brush, sponge daubers, masking tape, scoring tool
Our challenge this hour is to create a card for a friend! Latisha shared three gorgeous “friendship” cards and we can’t wait to see what you create too!
- Create a card for a “friend” and send an image of it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put “WCMD 12:00 pm challenge” in your reference line.
- Ensure your image is less than 2mb. (very important or we cannot share it!)
- You have until October 13th to send your submission to us. We will share a selection of today’s challenge submissions on October 15th!
Our sweet friend Karen, owner of Your Next Stamp, has joined today’s fun by sharing a fun prize package for one lucky SCT winner that includes Spooky Fun and Way Cool Monsters! (pssst….Your Next Stamp is also doing a giveaway on their IG @yournextstamp!)
To enter our WCMD giveaways:
- Leave a comment below by October 13th telling us your favourite Your Next Stamp product;
- For a second entry, leave a comment on the post with this prize on our Instagram page;
- For a third entry, leave a comment on the post with this prize on our Facebook page;
- One winner for each prize today will be randomly selected and announced on October 15th.
- You do not have to participate in the challenge for our hourly prizes…but we would love it if you do!
Thank you for joining us for our 12:00 pm challenge! See you at 2:00 pm!