December 12 – Kelly Goree
“I don’t know about you, but as the holiday season approaches, I often find myself zapped of not only energy but inspiration and creative fortitude as well! Thank goodness inspiration is all around just waiting to be absorbed. Now there is just no excuse to not be creating in some shape or form. I have long been a fan of the super talented Robyn Werlich and the design of this layout was flipped around and tweaked from one of her gorgeous pages I saw online. The color scheme is one I’ve been wanting to try since seeing so many amazing projects on Pinterest.com. Grey seems to be the new black and I couldn’t wait to try the gorgeous neutral with the brighter colors of BasicGrey’s Nordic Holiday papers. And the cute kid? Well he’s mine. I created him a while back too. (Can we say he’s recycled? See, I’m environmental!) What I ended up with is a page I loved that didn’t send me into fits to design or create. How great is that? It’s a true Christmas miracle!
“Holiday Tradition” layout
- Trim a 12″x10.5″ piece of red paper and adhere across grey cardstock base 1″ from the top of the page.
- Trim a 12″x3.25″ piece of green tree patterned paper and adhere across page 2″ down from the top.
- Trim a 1″x3.75″ strip of pink patterned paper and adhere vertically along the left edge of the layout directly under the green tree strip.
- Trim a .75″x3.75″ strip of striped paper and adhere vertically to the right of the pink strip.
- Trim a 3″x3.75″ block of red poinsettia paper and adhere vertically along the right edge of the layout directly under the green tree strip.
- Trim a 2″x3.75″ strip of white paper. Add journaling as desired then adhere vertically to the left of the red poinsettia block.
- Trim a 12″x1.75″ strip of grey paper. Adhere across the page flush with the bottom edge of the vertical strips.
- Trim a 1/4″x7″ strip of grey cardstock and adhere vertically along the right edge of the layout between the green and grey strip. Trim a 1/4″x8″ strip of red striped paper and adhere vertically along the left edge of the grey strip.
- Draw a dashed line with a white pen around the perimeter of the the layout as shown.
- Adhere 5″x7″ photo to 5 3/8″x7 3/8″ green cardstock photo mat. Adhere matted photo to the page in the empty section of red paper.
- Mat 4″x3″ photo onto 4.25″x3.25″ block of white paper then adhere to the right of the focal photo within the green strip.
- Adhere “merry christmas” diecut in upper right corner of layout.
- Punch four 1″ circles from white paper. Trim in half and adhere five half circles along the top of the focal photo. Add three half circles under the grey strip at the right of the page.
- Add title within grey strip at the right of the page as shown. Embellish with cut-out poinsettia leaves.
- Add ornament stickers tied with string to the grey strip to the left of the title.
- Cut a 2″ ring of green cardstock and add to the left of the focal photo. Embellish with white snowflake diecut.
And just so you don’t feel guilty scrapbooking when you should be wrapping presents or other assorted holiday happenings, after you’re done with your layout whip up a few gift tags or gift card holders from the scraps – so easy when you already have your supplies out!