December 15 – Sarah Hodgkinson
“Christmas is less than two weeks away and many of our little ones will be home from school for the holidays. Here’s a functional Christmas card which you can make for their teacher. My husband and I are both elementary teachers and we are constantly looking for pencils since they tend to disappear during the school day. Repositionable adhesives allow you attach and detach the pencils to and from the card without much hassle.
- Create a 9″x4″ folded kraft card base. Cut a 8 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ piece of green patterned paper or cardstock. Adhere to kraft paper.
- Cut a 3″ x 2″ piece of yellow patterned paper or cardstock. Score the yellow at 1″ and 1 1/4″ to create a ledge for the pencils to sit in. Cover the backside of the yellow with repositionable adhesive. Adhere the “ledge” to the bottom of the card, up approximately 1/2″ from the bottom.
- Cut a 3 1/2″ pieced of ribbon and pass it through a Xyron Sticker Maker. Adhere the ribbon to the “ledge”.
- Cover the green patterned paper/cardstock with repositionable adhesive. Press the pencils firmly onto the card.
- Cut approximately 7″ of ribbon and tie it into a bow. Attach the bow to the pencils with repositionable adhesive.
- Attach the diecut “Oh Christmas Tree” and star using repositionable adhesive.
Follow Sarah on her blog Only in Hollywoodstock