December 24 – Becky Fleck
“My mother-in-law lives in a beautiful assisted living home, but getting out to the store for last-minute cards and gifts is sometimes a hardship for her, so I wanted to make her a set of everyday cards for Christmas. By sticking to the same pattern for each card, this gift came together very quickly.
Download the template for the box here: http://blog.swap-bot.com/rachels-matchbox-template/
Here’s how to create the gift set:
- Follow the instructions to trace the template onto cardstock and assemble both pieces.
- Create eight 4.25”x5.5” cards.
- Trim eight pieces of 3.75”x5” white cardstock and glue them to the center of each card base.
- Trim eight strips of patterned paper 1.5” wide and scallop both long edges; trim eight strips of solid cardstock .75” wide and glue them to the center of each scalloped strip. Glue each assembled strip to the center of each card.
- Die cut eight frames in the same color of each card base and set aside.
- Stamp icons onto white cardstock and color with Copic markers. Die cut each icon with a nested frame, smaller than the one you cut in step 5.
- Layer each frame together and attach to the front of each card with a foam dot.
- Slide the cards into the box, along with eight envelopes.
- Embellish the outside of the box as desired.
p.s. I used a BasicGrey magnet as the closure for my box flap, but you can also use Velcro.