Happy Tuesday friends! This morning we are sharing some lovely cards from our friends at Chameleon Pens. We have loved these products since the moment we saw them and featured them as a Top 10 item in our last winter issue (view the issue here!) We then had a chance to see students experience them for the first time at our Crop & Create Moncton event this past March and they were as hooked as we were! If you have not seen them in action, you need to watch THIS video! One pen blends! And it's as easy as it looks to get all that beautiful colour dimension.
card by Annette Allen
card by Ilona Crouse
card by Ilona Crouse
Pot of Hugs by Cathy Andronicou
As a bonus, here are the instructions and materials used for Cathy's Pot of Hugs card!
Materials: Chameleon Colour Tones Deluxe Pen Set, Hot Cocoa (BR2), Bark (BR5), Purple Grape (PR4), Royal Blue (BL6), Spring Green (YG3). Penny Black (Mimi’s Love 30-270, A Bunch 30-174, Footnotes 30-238 stamps Shades 51-055 die), Memento (Tuxedo Black and Pear Tart), Bee Paper, Misc. green card blank, SRM Halloween Sticker Stitches, Natural Hemp cord and miscellaneous dimensional foam pads.
1) Attach sticker stitch to bottom 1/3 of card and frame with hemp cord.
2) Die cut shape from white card using Shades die, then stamp words using Pear Tart ink, ink edges to distress.
3) Stamp sentiment, flowers and pots with Memento ink onto Bee paper and Color pots working from the centre to the outside edges using Hot Cocoa pen fusing the brush nib for 8 seconds.
4) Fuse the bullet nib of the Royal Blue pen for 10 seconds and colour the petals making the top lighter than the base of the petal repeat this process with the Purple Grape pen and the other flowers.
5) Fuse the bullet nib for 5 seconds of the Bark pen and add little dots randomly to give soil effect .
6) Colour the leaves with Spring green, fusing the bullet nib for 5 seconds and colouring from the tip of the leaf to the base. Cut out and place on die cut, mount with foam pads on to card to finish.
If you would like to learn more about these fabulous pens be sure to visit the Chameleon Pens website here or if you are joining us at Crop & Create Cornwall in September, instructor Kelly Wilson will be teaching a fabulous introduction class on these pens! Details here.
Sorry to enable you this morning, well ok, maybe we're not sorry! We're pretty sure you'll love Chameleon Pens as much as we do! (here's a little secret…be sure to join us right here this Friday! *wink, wink!)