Good morning SCT friends! Thank you so much for joining us for the kick-off of our 13th annual World Card Making Day (WCMD) festivities! Today members from the talented SCT team will be joining us to share all the beautiful cards they’ve created, along with some challenges and of course, we’ll have some prizes all along the way. Who doesn’t love a celebration with inspiration, challenges and prizes? As team member Jill Dewey-Hawkins said this morning, it’s the Super Bowl for the cardmaker! If you have followed us for a while then you know we love to celebrate the joy of cardmaking each year. Who doesn’t love receiving a beautiful, hand-made card? We hope you’ll make many today and share the love with us all day, right here.
Here is the schedule for World Card Making Day 2019 with SCT:
9:00 am – World Card Making Day kickoff with Cathy Zielske and a fun colour challenge!
10:00 am – We are joined by Nicole Nowosad and an “add the layers” challenge!
12:00 pm – We are joined by Latisha Yoast and an “it’s all about friendship” challenge!
2:00 pm – We are joined by Sheri Reguly with an “over the rainbow” challenge!
4:00 pm – We are joined by Jill Dewey-Hawkins with a “clean and simple” challenge!
6:00 pm – We are joined by Editor-in-chief Susan R. Opel with a “let’s color” challenge!
And we did mention prizes, right? Join us each of those hours for prizes from some of our amazing partners! Let’s get this party started with Cathy Z!
“Hello SCT friends and happy world card making day! Today I’ve got two simple thank you cards that share a common color scheme (and stamp set that I designed for Simon Says Stamp!)
My first card features a fun fall colour palette of Gina K. Designs dye inks and some very simple ink blending over a stencil, also from Gina K. Designs.
I used Gina’s Sweet Mango cardstock to stamp my “thankful for you” sentiment, and placed it down in the lower right corner as a nice counterbalance to the Sweet Mango ink used in the upper left corner. A few clear drops add the finishing touch to this simple design.
For my second card, I used the same ink and a few of the other stamps from the set featuring thank you greetings in French, Spanish and English. I used the coordinating die to cut out the talk bubbles.
I used a striped embossing folder from Close To My Heart (from the recent SCT Sampler!) to create a textured card panel and then popped up the talk bubbles onto the front to finish the card.
Here is a video showing you how I created these card projects!
All of the supplies I used for this project can be found in the description under the YouTube video! Happy card making!
Our challenge this hour is to create a fall-colour themed card using orange, yellow and green as Cathy has done above. Too specific? You can do it! Cathy chose a gorgeous colour palette and we can’t wait to see what you create too!
- Create a “fall colour themed” card using orange, yellow and green and send an image of it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put “WCMD 9:00 am challenge” in your reference line.
- Ensure your image is less than 2mb. (very important or we cannot share it!)
- You have until October 13th to send your submission to us. We will share a selection of today’s challenge submissions on October 15th!
Our sweet friends at Hero Arts have joined today’s fun by sharing a $25 gift certificate for one lucky SCT winner.
To enter our WCMD giveaways:
- Visit the Hero Arts website HERE and let us know what you would like to win by October 13th;
- For a second entry, leave a comment on the post with this prize on our Instagram page;
- For a third entry, leave a comment on the post with this prize on our Facebook page;
- One winner for each prize today will be randomly selected and announced on October 15th.
- You do not have to participate in the challenge for our hourly prizes…but we would love it if you do!
Thank you for kicking off the day with us Cathy and sharing two beautiful cards. Be sure to join us again in 59 minutes friends! Go grab all your cardmaking supplies and let’s celebrate of the joy of cardmaking together.