Today, we wanted to share this beautiful layout and technique with you. This layout comes to us from Janice Hobbins of Edmonton, AB and features a fabulous accordion flower. We asked Janice to walk us through the steps necessary to create one just like it.
IT’S SPRING by Janice Hobbins, Edmonton, AB
Here are the steps:
1. Cut a strip of paper approx. 12″ in length (the width depends on the size of flower you desire). This strip is about 1″ wide. The flower on my layout is about 3/4″ wide.
2. Fold the strip accordion style; the folds should be about 3/16″ in width. The smaller the width, the flatter your flower will be.
3. Glue both ends together. I use good liquid glue that will hold.
4. Once the glue is dry, press the flower together so that the inside edges touch and then glue the inside. I use a glue gun, but glue dots also work.
5. Glue a button in the center. I used a Sassafras Lass threaded button.
6. Sand the edges lightly if you like a distressed look.
7. For a different look, you can clip the edges. I just squeeze a couple of folds together and snip the corner at an angle.