Hello and welcome to a great week here on the SCT blog! We have some amazing inspiration to share with you starting with a visit today from designer we adore, Paige Evans! We love Paige's eye for design, her wonderful use of colour and her ability to use product in new and interesting ways. Today, Paige Evans uses a stunning cut file from Lori Whitlock and shares just how she created her layout. For those who don't know Lori Whitlock, Lori is a very successful industry designer that has an online store with an extensive selection of beautiful cutting files. Lori also kindly offered the cut file Paige has used below to you for free! Let's see what Paige created…
YOU ARE ENOUGH by Paige Evans Supplies: Cardstock, adhesive: American Crafts; Patterned paper: American Crafts, BasicGrey, Crate Paper, Pebbles; Watercolors, spray mist: Studio Calico; Chipboard, tags, word stickers: Crate Paper; Alpha stickers: Elle's Studio; Die cut machine: Silhouette Cameo; Flower background cut file: Lori Whitlock (shape id #32344)
"To create this layout, here are some easy steps:
- watercolor a rainbow of stripes across a white cardstock background and let it dry (or use a blow dryer to speed up the process!)
- choose one of the 4 flower lace backgrounds by Lori Whitlock (here) and enlarge it to just under 12×12
- die cut the floral background from the watercolored cardstock.
- grab an assortment of 6×6 paper pads and cut a rainbow of petals to back the flowers using foam dots adhesive for depth and dimension.
- drop pink, yellow, and aqua spray mist around the layout.
- finally, cluster a few embellishments, a photo, title, and journaling on the bottom right corner!
A cut file makes it super easy to create a layout and this one worked perfectly! Thank you Lori!" ~ Paige
To access this free cut file, visit Lori's site HERE and during check out use coupon code: FREEFILE. This file will be available until midnight on Tuesday, March 10th!
Thank you to Paige for sharing a beautiful layout and Lori for the beautiful cut file. Love joining forces to create something special! You can see more of Paige (and her travels!) on Instagram at @paigetaylorevans.