Here’s how I did it:
In Photoshop/Photoshop Elements:
1. Create a new 8.5×11 document in PS/PSE
2. Open the .png overlay file. I used Cathy Zielske’s Page Frames no 2 from Designer Digitals.
1. Open a new document the size of your choice.
2. Select Insert, Picture, From file. Browse for the overlays and click Insert. You can resize the overlay by dragging the corners.
Bonus tip: recoloring your overlay in Photoshop/PSE
Using the Fill Shortcut (for solid colored elements):
1. Open the image.
2. Select the overlay layer in the layers palette.
3. Choose Edit > Fill > Color, make sure the Preserve Transparency box is checked. You can select a color using the color picker here. Hit OK.
Article by: Paula Gilarde