Hippity hoppity greetings! Wishing everyone a wonderful upcoming Easter weekend!
If you are looking to create some extra treats for your Easter baskets, I have a super quick and easy treat box for you to try. No complicated cutting templates involved with this project, all you need is a scoring board, some pieces of card stock and a few embellishments.
Starting with a strip of cardstock you can create any sized treat box. Just use a starting dimension where you can easily mark the midpoint along the width and height axis. My trio of boxes was created from 4×11, 3.5×9, and 2.5×7 strips.
Treat box template scoring steps:
- Score your card stock strip at the midpoint (point B) along the longer length of your strip.
- Next, use a pencil and mark the midpoint of the width of your strip (point A).
- Score a line from point A to B. (note you will need to angle your paper on your scoring board)
- Repeat this for the other score lines as indicated in the diagram.
- Fold along the scored lines and you will see how the treat box is formed.
Embellish the front of your treat box and place treats into the box prior to folding and securing (with a strong adhesive) the sides together. As an option, you can punch a hole with a crop-a-dile at the top and tie a bow with some twine or ribbon.
Thanks for dropping by the blog, hope this inspires you to get crafty today!
~ Virginia Nebel