Hello SCT friends! It’s Wendy Sue, and I’m excited to be with you here on the blog today with our final post for the Fall 2020 Issue challenge week! Today I wanted to share a bit of fall goodness with you, in the form of a layout, plus a simple recipe to go along with it! Here’s a look at my layout, featuring products from the “Hello Autumn” collection by Carta Bella Paper.
Supplies | Patterned paper, cardstock, stickers, ephemera, enamel dots: Carta Bella Paper; Other: Nuvo Drops, buttons, white crochet thread, white sewing thread; Font: Oh Wonder Sans; Tools: Silhouette Cameo, sewing machine
Can’t you just feel the crisp cool air and smell the pumpkins in these pictures? I think fall is my favorite season to scrapbook and craft, so using lots of fall colors and elements on this layout was fun, and easy! Some of my favorite projects begin with a plan or a recipe, and I am happy with the way this one turned out. Here’s the recipe I used for this layout:
- Use a patterned paper for the background. Sometimes I tend to shy away from using patterned papers as my backgrounds. This is one way to incorporate the fun designs of a patterned paper without letting it overwhelm the rest of your page. Cut a smaller piece (11” square) of coordinating solid paper and center it on a patterned paper, allowing the patterned paper to act as a frame around the page.
- Create an oversized title. Let your title make a BIG statement! I created this oversized title by cutting out letters using my Silhouette. You could also use large stickers or chipboard letters. You could even cut out letters by hand! However you choose to do it, let your title really stand out!
- Use at least 4 different solid color papers (I used SEVEN!!!) This was really stepping out of my comfort zone, but I think that’s good for us! I normally use one or two colors, but I opted to use SEVEN different colors on this page. The title is cut from six different fall colors PLUS the lighter green solid for the background.
- Use machine stitching (or faux stitching). I love, love, love the look of stitching on my projects! It’s easy to add a straight stitch around a layout or add stitching to sew-on embellishments, photos, or journaling!
- Incorporate at least 3 different types of circle embellishments. I used ephemera, enamel dots, buttons, and Nuvo drops.
- BONUS: Use foam adhesive to attach stickers. I love adding extra dimension to my pages by attaching some of the stickers or die-cuts with foam adhesive. Give it a try!
Now it’s your turn—use these five ingredients (plus the bonus 6th) to create a fall layout of your own! Have fun!
Are you ready to take up Wendy’s challenge and create based on her recipe above? If you do and follow the guidelines below on how to submit to us, you’ll be entered to win a $50 surprise box, filled with products from our partners from SCT headquarters!
- Create a layout or card based on this recipe challenge;
- Submit an image to us (must be under 2mb!) at email@example.com.
- Put “Fall Issue Recipe Challenge” in your reference line;
- Submit your entry by Thursday, September 24, 2020, at midnight ET. Winners will be announced here on the blog on the 26th of September.
Have fun mixing up something beautiful with our recipe challenge!