turn leftover scraps into BEAUTIFUL cards!
Always a reader favourite, our “got scraps?” article shows QUICK and practical ways to use up your scrap stash—and, as an added bonus, includes handy card sketches from three different designers.
- Make a 5.5 x 4” card from blue cardstock.
- Cut a 5.25 x 3” piece of floral paper, a 5.25 x 1” piece of both blue paper and orange cardstock (scallop one edge), and a 5.25 x 3/8” of green paper; layer and stitch to card front.
- Punch 4 yellow circles using a 2” punch; fold in half to create a half moon shape.
- Layer half circles together as you would fold a cardboard box; adhere under each flap where it touches another circle.
- Repeat above using a 1.5” circle punch; layer, top with a green button and tie a bow with floss.
- Cut two leaves from green paper and adhere, along with flower, to card front.
- Ink chipboard letters and adhere as shown.
- Create a 4 3/4 x 4 3/4” circle template (Kimber traced around the outside edge of a spool of ribbon).
- Using the circle template, create a card base using a folded piece of black cardstock.
- Again, using the circle template, draw the shape of a beach ball and cut into sections—trim away a little from each piece to allow the black “seams” to show through.
- Trace the pieces onto different patterned papers.
- Adhere to card base.
- Add sentiment and embellishments.
- Create a 7 x 5” card from orange cardstock.
- Cut a 6 3/4 x 4 1/2” piece of white cardstock and a 6 1/4 x 4” piece of blue cardstock; adhere both to card front.
- Cut 1 x 6” strips from various patterned papers; zig zag stitch strips together in sets of three.
- Turn strip sets 90° and cut into 1 x 3” strips; randomly stitch strips together—changing directions frequently to create a roughly shaped rectangle (approx. 6 1/4 x 4”).
- Trim to measure 6 x 3 3/4” and adhere to blue cardstock.
- Cut a 1 x 6” strip of orange cardstock and a 3/4 x 6” strip of white cardstock; adhere as shown and add sentiment.
- Die-cut leaves from green cardstock; layer flower elements on top and embellish with button.