What’s going on in the world of Scrapbook & Cards Today? As per usual, there are many wonderful things in the works. The first news that I’m thrilled to share is our Facebook account hit 100k fans over the weekend!
Woot! Woot! Here are just some of the warm words you shared with us when we announced that we had hit such an important milestone on Facebook:
- “There was never any doubt. Scrapbook & Cards is amazing! Congrats to you!” –Debbie Rollins
- “Congrats + Yippee + WTG + #awesome (p.s. a bit excited for you!)” –Regina Furman
- “CONGRATULATIONS SCT! When you’re the best, they come.” –Dorina Denton
- “C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S! Sending 100,000 cheers your way!” –Tracy Moloney
Speaking of warm words, the overwhelmingly positive response we received from Friday’s blog post filled our hearts! Here is just a small sampling of why it is we love connecting with you day after day on this happy blog:
- “SCT is a terrific magazine…the quality (Paper! Colour!) is what hooked me from day one almost 9 years ago!” –Betty-Ann
- “I rip open the envelope and flip through the pages upon arrival. I then sit and slowly savor every word, every photo . . . ALL OF IT!! (and I love that I can turn the pages – – no digital for this girl!)” –Cheryl Sager
- “I have been a scrapbooker and card maker for years, and subscribed to many magazines, all who went away. I LOVE your magazine, and fall even more in love every time your print issue arrives. To me, the best way to find inspiration is to leaf through my past issues. Please keep publishing your magazine and mailing it to us!” –Cammi Engelhard
- “I love the free cut files and tips/tricks of using products and tools. I also enjoy the "me" time that I take to flip through the pages…sometimes I'm not even reading….just feeling that great paper and sipping my tea. My least favorite part is that I get caught up reading the journalling on scrapbook pages…lol” –D Brown
D Brown has a point. It easy to get caught up in every little detail SCT has to offer. We’re just glad that’s the kind of “least favorite” you have to share. LOL
Thanks to each of you who took time to leave such heartfelt words of encouragement and support. From our hearts! Your words mean so much and have us smiling from ear to ear. 🙂 To show our appreciate and keep the 100k celebration going strong, we’re now giving away not one, but TWO Minc. Foil Applicators from Heidi Swapp! For your chance to win, check out our Facebook page for details.
On the magazine side of things, we’re busy working on our Spring 2015 issue. It has been such a treat to be able to work with such talent as the pages of the magazine start taking shape.
As you may know, this work now includes collaboration with two new team members and magazine columnists—Jennifer McGuire and Elisha Snow. I’ll let you in on a couple of behind-the-scenes tidbits. Though, I doubt either will surprise you. Jennifer will be bringing you a technique-focused card column. Shocking, I know! But where she is a talented scrapbooker and card maker, some of you may have been wondering which direction she’d be going in for our magazine. And Elisha is going to bring you a variety of basic photography tips and tricks. Again, probably not the most shocking news you’ve heard all week (especially if you watched last night’s Super Bowl), but definitely happy news.
QUESTIONS FOR YOU
With these new additions in mind, I have two questions for you:
- What kind of card-making techniques would you like to see more of in the magazine? Or maybe you’re a scrapbooker and would like to see a specific technique demonstrated on one of Jennifer’s stunning cards that you can then translate to your layouts. Either way, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
- What type of photography inspiration are you hoping to see? Ideas for creative pictures to take? Or is it more about the technique behind those photos?
Yes, it’s a busy time around here, both online and in print. And it’s such a joy to be able to say that we have offerings in both domains. Thank you for being the reason that is. Your desire to have content offered in both ways makes our jobs feel complete, and we’re very grateful to you that we get to do those jobs issue after issue. Can you believe we’re coming up on issue #37?! That means we’ll be hitting the big 4-0 before the year is through. Wow!
Here’s to 4-0 more! Cheers!
~ Megan Hoeppner, Editor-in-Chief