Today. We’d like to welcome Sarah Hodgkinson to the blog. Sarah is here to share an adorable card that she made using Core’dinations cardstock and the same technique used on her beautiful “happy spring” layout (found on page 56 of the spring issue).
Here is Sarah’s card:
Hoppy Easter by Sarah Hodgkinson
1. Using the “Reflecting Pool” blue cardstock, fold it in half along the scored line and place it on a work surface.
2. Using a 3” x 12” scrap of thick paper or cardstock, tear along one edge.
3. Place the torn edge near the top of the card.
4. Sand firmly along the torn edge to reveal the lighter colour core.
5. Once complete, shift torn cardstock along and down to change the torn line. Sand edge again.
6. Sand the outline of the bunny, including under its chin.
7. Cut the tummy and ears from the white cardstock and glue to the bunny.
8. Assemble the flower.
9. Affix the grass, being sure not to adhere the top of the grass to the card. This allows the eggs to be tucked in behind.
10. Assemble the card and affix chipboard letters last.
For more ideas on how to use Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock, please visit: www.coredinations.com or Sarah’s blog at: http://thehodgeesonlyinhollywoodstock.blogspot.com
Here is the layout that Sarah created using the same technique:
Isn’t that beautiful?
Thanks for sharing, Sarah!