Hello, and welcome to our 2 o’clock hour here on International Scrapbook Day! We are so excited to have you here on this exciting day where we celebrate all things memory keeping! We have already shared a PageMaps sketch challenge and a design challenge with you, and now it’s time for a colour challenge!
Our spring 2020 issue has a wide array of projects—from scrapbook layouts, pockets pages, cards and mini albums, featuring a rainbow of fabulous hues in combinations you may not have used before! We want you to choose a project that truly inspires you, and use its colour scheme to get creative! Once you create your project, share it with us using these guidelines:
- Create a project based on a colour scheme found in our spring issue and send an image of it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put “iNSD colour challenge” in your reference line, and in the body of your email, let us know which project on which issue page inspired you!
- Please ensure your image is less than 2mb.
- You have until May 13th to send in your submission. We will share a selection of today’s challenge submissions on May 15th!
Let’s see what project caught Wendy Sue Anderson’s eye in our spring issue:
“Hi, SCT friends! Happy International Scrapbook Day! I’m Wendy Sue, and I have an awesome colour challenge to share with you. The challenge is to choose the colour scheme from any project in the spring 2020 issue of SCT and use it to create your own layout! As I was perusing the issue, looking for a fun colour scheme, I was struck by how many RAINBOWS there were in this issue! Seriously, a ton! That would mean I could choose ANY colour and it would fit the challenge. However, I felt like that might be considered cheating, so I found another gorgeous colour scheme on two different projects and used that as my starting point. Here are the projects that I chose to inspire me, created by Nathalie DeSousa and Veronica Zalis:
From these two projects, I chose a blue, teal, and yellow colour scheme. So fresh and pretty for summer! Take a look at the hues that I chose:
Supplies | Cardstock: Carta Bella Paper; Patterned Paper: Echo Park Paper, Pebbles, Inc., Printed Die Cuts: Echo Park Paper, Pebbles, Inc.; Foam Letter Stickers: American Crafts; Enamel Dots: Echo Park Paper; Foam Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives; Washi Tape: Pebbles Inc.; Jute: May Arts; Font: Traveling Typewriter
I snuck in some rainbows too, because, honestly, rainbows are just too fun!
I love adding machine stitching and some kind of ribbon or jute for texture—I used both on this layout.
Now it’s your turn! Choose a project from the spring 2020 issue and use the colour scheme as inspiration for your next layout! Have fun!
To keep the celebration going, we are giving away something to help you get organized, in one bright, bold colour:
The Craft Crate from Totally Tiffany will have you headed to your next Crop & Create event in an organized way! With pockets on the outside of the crate, and ample storage inside for paper, tools, and more on the inside, you’ll love loading up this crate and hitting the road to your next scrapbook retreat!
To enter to win this iNSD giveaway:
- Leave a comment below by May 13th;
- For a second entry, leave a comment on the post with Wendy’s project and this prize on our Instagram page;
- For a third entry, leave a comment on the post with Wendy’s project and this prize on our Facebook page;
- One winner will be randomly selected and announced on May 17th!
- You do not have to participate in the challenge for our hourly prize, but we would love it if you do!
Please join us again at 4pm EST, ready for another challenge and inspiring project from Nathalie DeSousa!
Join us again at 4:00 pm!