Happy Saturday SCT friends! We’re excited to have Emma Goddard, Stampin’ Up! Artisan Design Team member here today sharing a little love!
The Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies from Stampin’ Up! are filled with lots of different stitched hearts, as well as my favourite, the scalloped stitched edge. This is perfect for creating projects with layers and cute edges!
For the set of projects I am sharing with you today I have focused on using the scalloped edge die alongside the Brights Designer Series Paper for a fun birthday celebration. This technique and projects would work with any combinations of patterned papers to really change up the look.
Here’s how I made these projects, first up is the card:
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock base to 21cm x 14.8cm – scored and folded to 10.5cm x 14.8cm. (or 8 ½” x 5 ½”- scored and folded to 4 ½” x 5 ½” ).
- Using the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies I have cut the second largest from the set, in Whisper White Cardstock.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock (8cm x 11.5cm or 3 ¼” x 4 ½”) and the embossed using the Corrugated Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder to add texture.
- Tie around both piece of the ribbon around the centre piece before adding to the card. You will need approx. 55cm or 22” of both Gorgeous Grape ¼” (6.4mm) Mini Striped Ribbon and the Whisper White 1/8” Sheer Ribbon.
- I have then stamped my chosen sentiments from the Itty Bitty Birthday Stamp Set for all three projects at one time. These have been stamped in Versamark onto Basic Black Cardstock and embossing in White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- The next step is to create these cute hearts! Firstly, die cut out approximately 12 strips (1.5cm or ½” wide) of patterned paper using the scallop border die and layer these on to a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock. If you would like to have the ruffled look to your heart, make sure you are only using a thin line of glue along the top edge (away from the scallops). Once all your layers are in place, die cut out the stitched heart. You will want to create three of these, one for each of your coordinating projects.
- Add this heart to the front of your card using Stampin’ Dimensionals to really make this pop!
- Complete the card by adding your chosen sentiment and some Rhinestone Basic Jewels for some added sparkle.
The next project is the Mini Pizza Box:
- These Mini Pizza Boxes are perfect for a treat or some mini cards, they come ready to assemble and decorate, which is ideal when you are busy getting ready for a party!
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 8.5cm x 8.5cm and using the scalloped edge boarder on each edge to create the decorative square.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White to 8cm x 8cm and emboss with the Corrugated Dynamic textured Embossing Folder.
- Tie around the same ribbons and add your heart and sentiment.
The final project is the coordinating gift tag:
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 5cm (2”) x 13.5cm (5”) and use the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch to create a quick and easy tag.
- Add a layer of Whisper White Cardstock (11.5cm x 4.8cm or 4 1/2”x 1 7/8”) embossed with the Corrugated Dynamic textured Embossing Folder.
- Add your heart using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial!
Emma Goddard, Stampin’ Up! Artisan Design Team
Thank you so much for joining us today Emma and sharing these beautiful love themed projects! We also want to thank our friends from Stampin’ Up! who are here today to share a fun prize package…
Would you like to send some messages from the heart? Our friends at Stampin’ Up! would love to offer one lucky reader the opportunity to win the Meant To Be bundle which includes 13 cling stamps and 16 dies!
For an opportunity to win the Meant To Be bundle, be sure to leave a comment below by April 11th and tell us what your favourite Stampin’ Up! product is. If you’re not sure, be sure to visit their website to see all they have to offer.