Katie’s turning 10, Molly’s getting married, Uncle Bill is retiring, Mom and Dad are celebrating 50 years together, and Sophie’s having a baby. So many occasions to celebrate and so many parties to plan! For all of us papercrafters, before the balloons can be inflated and the cake can be made, the invitations need to be created. Check out this beautiful gallery of inspiring invitations and make your next party truly memorable.
it’s an open house by Summer Fullerton
- Cut Card base from plain cardstock 8×7 and fold in half to create a 4×7 card
- Cut piece of BasicGrey patterned paper 2×7 and adhere to card base
- Cut accent strip using decorative scissors or punch from blue cardstock and adhere to card front
- Cut powder blue cardstock 2.5×7 and adhere to card base
- Round right corners of card
- Stamp house image on cardstock and cut out adhere to card front using foam squares
- Wrap black ribbon around the base of the house and tie in a bow
- Add stickers to the card
- Add 3 eyelets above the chimney and some fun stick pins in the bow on the front of the card.
join us for the celebration by Kerry McRorie
- Make a 5.5” square card from white cardstock; round corners.
- Cut a 5.25” square piece of green paper; round corners.
- Cut a 4.75 x 1” strip of blue paper.
- Cut a 4.75 x 1” strip of white cardstock; cut one long edge with a border punch.
- Cut a 4.75 x 2” strip of floral paper; round top and bottom of left side.
- Adhere all layers to left side of card as shown.
- Machine stitch around outside edge of green paper and down the center of the blue strip.
- Die-cut purse from hounds tooth paper. Adhere with pop dots on a 2.25 x 3.25” piece of white cardstock. Mat white piece with a 2.5 x 3.5” piece of black paper; zig zag stitch around outside edge of white paper.
- Embellish purse as desired.
- Stamp sentiment on white cardstock; mat with black strip and then with green strip; Adhere as shown.
- Add a narrow piece of black ribbon where floral print meets scalloped strip; tie in a knot and secure with adhesive.
burger & beers by Lisa Dickinson
- Print journaling on 5 x 7 red cardstock.
- Print stock photo on photo paper and cut out using 2″ circle cutter.
- Cut 2″ circles from aqua and yellow cardstock.
- Adhere circles to red cardstock using foam squares.
- Trim edges of circles where they hang over the card.
it’s a party by Alecia Thelin
- Make 3 1/2″ x 6 ” card base.
- Stamp “You’re Invited” image twice. Layer over Baja card stock and then on to card front letting extra hang beyond the right edge of the card front.
- Stamp “It’s a Party” on 2nd image and punch out with 1″ circle punch. Apply to card front with a dimensional.
- Apply a 1″ strip of olive card stock, letting that extend also. Place five 1/2″ Summer Sun circles onto strip.
- Add thin strip of Summer Sun to lower part of card front.
- Slit an opening for the ribbon and tie, place library clip.
- Trim overage of card stock on right side with decorative scissors. Pierce a hole in fold of card and tie crochet thread around dots and olive strip
baby shower by Kimber McGray
- Cut card base 4 1/4″x8 1/2″ for a square card once folded.
- Punch circles in coordinating colors.
- Run a few through the Cuttlebug in the Swiss Dots embossing folder
- Lay circles on card and stamp sentiment.
- Adhere circles with foam adhesive to card front.
- Adhere die cut butterfly to front of card with glue dot.
- Adhere coordinating buttons to the front of the card.
You’re Invited by Amy Duff
- Cut standard size card from white cardstock.
- Cover with die cut paper.
- Trim a square of green print paper and apply to upper right side of card.
- Attach tag to card.
- Place special event ticket on right edge and add flower.
- Tie ribbon around card and add clear button to center with floss.
- Apply “you’re invited” rub on.
- Add 3 pink sequins.