If you’re anything like me, I struggle to find neat and unique gifts for friends and family. Kimber McGray is here again with us today with a fabulous and quick idea for a fun project that works as a cute little gift for that someone special. I can picture making some of these with my kids!
Here’s Kimber with her easy project:
This is the time of the year where the stores are full of fun things that can be altered for gifts and home decor. I grabbed these wooden pieces from the craft store and then covered them with patterned paper. Below are some of the VERY easy steps to do this project and the same technique can be used for covering chipboard as well.
1. Cover the item with some liquid glue.
2. Lay the glue side down on the back of the patterned paper.
3. Using a craft knife, trim around the wooden piece closely.
4. Sand away any rough edges and distress the tops of the covered wooden pieces with the Basic Grey Precision tool kit.
5. Thread buttons with twine and adhere to the fronts of the leaves with glue dots.
6. Adhere magnets on the back of the leaves to create refrigerator magnets.