We loved the beautiful lettering so much on Jen Backler’s layout featured on page 45 in our summer 2008 issue we asked her to share her technique with YOU!
- Outline Stamps with no designs on the inside
- Black Stamp Ink
- Patterned Paper of your choice
- Clear Dimensional Glue such as Diamond Glaze or Glossy Accents
1. Ink a stamp with black ink like StazOn.
2. Stamp onto your patterned paper overlapping where you want the design to show in the middle of the stamp image.
3. After stamping the image, outline the shape with a thin bead of the dimensional glue. This will provide a border to hold in the glue as you fill in the letter or image. If you go over the edges a bit that’s okay as you will be cutting the image out at the end.
4. Fill the inside of the image with a thin layer of glue by drawing the tip back and forth between the lines. The more glue you put on the longer it will take to completely dry.
5. Break any air bubbles by drawing a pin through them over to the side of the image.
6. Allow glue to dry completely. This may take a couple of hours or even overnight.
7. Once dry, cut images out along the outline of the stamped image. You now have your own customized gel letters or embellishments! Adhere to your project with your regular adhesive.
Thanks Jen for a great tutorial!
By Jen Backler