We are so excited to welcome our friends at Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® to the blog today! Given that it is the first day of October, the spooky card project that they’re sharing with us today is completely appropriate, and we know that it will inspire you to take your greeting cards to the next level using amazing Scrapbook Adhesives products!
This Happy Halloween Haunted House Card has all the makings of a SPOOKY amazing card that any ghoul lover will appreciate! Look at all the intricate little pieces – GASP! Have no fear, our Adhesive Sheets will make this easy and fun to assemble. Let Judy Hayes show you how!
Happy Halloween Haunted House Instructions:
- Before die-cutting all the pieces, apply Adhesive Sheet to the backs of the rust, black, olive, and white cardstock pieces.
- Starting with the gate pieces, die-cut the whole gate in black and its shadow in rust. Peel off the backing from the shadow piece and layer on top of the gate. Darken the rust with Black Soot ink and a foam applicator tool.
- Ink the white cardstock with Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed inks and die-cut the moon shape. With the remaining inked scrap, add a light touch of Hickory Smoke ink and die-cut the shadow sliver moon. Remove its backing and place on the moon die cut.
- With the leftover adhesive-backed black cardstock, die-cut the bats and cat. Set aside to assemble later.
- Die-cut the haunted house in blue cardstock and with the olive cardstock, die-cut its coordinating highlight die and step die. Peel off the backing of each piece from the coordinating die and place on the house. Don’t forget to add the cat! Ink the steps with Black Soot and set aside.
- Using the E-Z Runner Micro, add vellum, inked with Mustard Seed, over the windows and door from the back of the house. Lightly ink the house with Black Soot to highlight details. Color the chimney, roof rails, and pointed pieces in black marker.
- Stamp sentiment with Black Onyx ink on a white cardstock strip. Add clear embossing powder and melt with a heating tool. Ink over sentiment strip with Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, and touches of Hickory Smoke. Mat with black cardstock strip, using E-Z Runner Micro.
- Ink the background of a 4.5 x 6.5-inch panel with a combination of Mustard, Dried Marigold (moon area), Weathered Wood (sky + blending area), Chipped Sapphire (darken sky), Ground Espresso, and Black Soot (ground area). Use the haunted house as a guide for color placement. Mat the panel on a 4.625 x 6.625-inch blue cardstock panel edged with Black Soot ink, using E-Z Dots Permanent. Then adhere to a 5 x 7-inch black card base.
- Place Thin 3D Foam Squares Black Mix on the back of the haunted house and sentiment strip. Adhere the house to the card front. Peel off liner from the steps and attach below the door. Then add the sentiment at the bottom center.
- Cut narrow strips from 3D Foam Creative Sheets Small Black to fit sides of the gates and add on each side of the house. Peel off the liner from the moon and place above the house. Using the E-Z Dots Permanent, adhere the bats around the moon.
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Materials Needed:
- Adhesive Sheet 4 x 6 inch
- Thin 3D Foam Squares Black Mix
- 3D Foam Creative Sheets Small Black
- E-Z Dots® Permanent Refillable Dispenser
- E-Z Runner® Micro Refillable Dispenser
Metal Craft Dies: Sizzix (Haunted Set and Gate Keeper Set by Tim Holtz); Stamps: Stampers Anonymous (Simple Sayings); Inks: Tsukineko (Versafine Ink in Onyx Black) and Ranger Ink (Distress Ink in Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold, Hickory Smoke, Weathered Wood, Chipped Sapphire, Ground Espresso and Black Soot); Embossing Powder: Ranger Ink (Clear); Rust, White, Black, Blue, and Olive Cardstock; Cream Vellum
To see more of Judy’s beautiful work, visit her here:
What an amazing, artistic card! Be sure to follow Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L at the links below to learn how to take your adhesives to the next level to get creative with your projects and be sure to check back tomorrow for a special surprise!