Here are the instructions for Kerry’s two cards found on page 47 of the Spring 2009 issue.
- Sketch a house template on scrap paper (approximately 5.25“ high x 4“ wide). Trace onto a piece of folded brown cardstock (making sure that the top of the roof lines up with the fold). Cut out.
- Cut a 4 x 3.75“ rectangle from yellow patterned paper; adhere to bottom of card front.
- Using a scalloped border die (I used QuicKutz) cut out three scalloped borders from varying patterned papers; layer and adhere to “roof” as shown and trim to fit.
- Cut a 3.75 x 3.5“ rectangle from white paper; stamp Daisy Bucket “My Hometown” image in center with brown ink; adhere on top of yellow piece.
- Cut an oval and a “canopy” from pink paper; adhere as shown.
- Stamp accessories on patterned papers as shown; hand-cut using small, sharp scissors; adhere to shop window. Stamp shoes right onto white paper.
- Stamp “24 -7” on small scrap of yellow paper; adhere over pink oval as shop sign.
- Die-cut word “friend” from pink paper; adhere.
- Paper pierce holes along scalloped borders; stitch using two strands of cream embroidery floss.
live, love, bloom
- Make a 5.5 x 4.25“ card from brown cardstock.
- Cut a 5.25 x 4“ piece of yellow paper; adhere to card front.
- Cut a 5 x 3.75“ piece of pink patterned paper; adhere to card front.
- Cut a 4.75 x 3.5“ piece of floral patterned paper; adhere to card front.
- Using a scalloped border die (I used QuicKutz) cut out three scalloped borders from varying patterned papers; layer and adhere to card front; trim to fit.
- Using the new nesting flower dies from QuicKutz (or similar flower dies or punches) die-cut large flower and center from yellow paper; adhere a white circle behind flower center and adhere to card front with dimensional adhesive.
- Die-cut three leaves (1 large and 2 small) from green patterned paper; paper pierce holes down the center of the large leaf and stitch with cream embroidery floss; adhere leaves under flower using dimensional adhesive.
- Stamp sentiment on white cardstock; mat with brown cardstock; adhere to card front.
- Adhere a rhinestone to the center of the flower to complete the card.