Name: Stacy Cohen
Location: Los Angeles, California
I live in Los Angeles, California with my loving husband, our two wonderful daughters, two cats and two dogs. We foster dogs for a local rescue group, so we often have an extra furry friend staying with us. I work part-time as an insurance agent, specializing in health and life insurance.
I started scrapbooking in September of 2004 when my girls were little because I wanted to preserve all the precious memories. I was immediately hooked! Scrapbooking has been my creative outlet over the years, and I always say, “It’s cheaper than therapy” (although not much). I’m a very slow scrapper, often spending several nights on one layout. I love to fuss over all the little details and get everything just right. My scrapbooking style could be defined as flowery and feminine, although I love to change it up constantly and play around with different scrapping styles.
I am beyond thrilled to be part of Scrapbook & Cards Today Design Team!
5 Fun facts about myself:
- I have a sweet tooth and I eat something sugary every night – usually a handful of mini peanut butter cups or a bowl of ice cream.
- I have very unsophisticated taste in TV shows, books and movies. I’m a reality show junky, and I pretty much only read thrillers and mystery novels.
- I LOVE a good bargain. My motto is: “It’s not how much you spend, it’s how much you save.”
- One of my guilty pleasures is embarrassing my daughters. I am not above busting out a hip hop move in the aisle of Target, or trying to show my knowledge of cool teen slang when my daughters’ friends are over.
- I can pat my belly and rub my head at the same time.
My ideal day would begin by poring over the morning newspaper with a piping hot latte or two. The rest of the day would be spent doing something fun with my family. No errands, no work, no social commitments, no shuttling around to activities. It would simply be a free day for us to hang out together. Maybe we’d go see a movie, go take the dogs to the dog park, play board games, and/or go have a delicious meal at one of our favorite restaurants.
One random fact about me: I went to cooking school in Paris one summer when I was in college.