Here are the instructions for the adorable cards featured on page 47 of the summer 2009 issue.
you make my day soar!
by Sarah Hodgkinson
- Make a 6 x 6” card from kraft cardstock.
- Die-cut two clouds using Core’dinations WhiteWash cardstock; sand edges.
- Stamp sentiment in bottom left corner; using a black pen, sketch a “meandering” line around perimeter of card.
- Print a 3” version of the kite image onto two different sheets of patterned paper; hand-cut one complete kite; cut out two diagonal sections from second kite and adhere to first kite.
- Cut three 4” pieces of ribbon; fold ends under and glue to back to prevent fraying; tie each into a knot.
- Adhere clouds and kite to card; using a black pen, sketch a kite string and tail; adhere ribbon knots to tail.
home sweet home
by Sarah Hodgkinson
- Cut a sheet of kraft paper to measure 8 x 9”; score so it measures 4 x 9” when folded.
- Stamp the houses onto four different patterned papers (for each house) using black ink; one for the main body of the house, one for the roof, one for the door and one for the windows. Carefully hand cut each feature and glue to the main body of the house.
- Sand a piece of Core’dinations French Roast cardstock that is larger than the tree trunk stamp. Next, stamp the tree trunk image onto the sanded cardstock and sprinkle clear embossing powder over the area; tap off excess. Heat emboss using a heat gun and then carefully hand cut the tree trunk. Assemble the tree by adding small felt flowers and leaves. Note: foam layering tape was added behind the tree trunk to add dimension.
- Lightly sand a piece of Core’dinations WhiteWash cardstock for the clouds. Stamp cloud images onto the WhiteWash and hand cut the clouds. Note: foam layering tape was used behind a few of them to add dimension.
- Stamp “Home Sweet Home” on a piece of grid paper. Cut out the “Home” and “Home;” ink the edges and attach them to a larger piece of grid paper on either side of the “Sweet” letter stickers.
- Assemble the card by placing 8 ½” of green rick rack approximately ½” from the bottom of the card. Note: I used my Xyron Sticker Maker to add adhesive to the back of the rick rack.
- Finally, adhere the houses, tree, title, and clouds.