Welcome to day three of Tool Week! We love to keep you informed of the latest trends in papercrafting, and lately, we’ve seen a lot of *shiny* things pop up on our feed. These foiled creations look just like expensive greeting cards without the Paper Source price tag, all because of a fun type of tool that our friend, Amy, from The Stamp Market, is here to tell us all about: foil plates! Let’s see what we may just need to add to our “must-have” list!
It’s Amy here from The Stamp Market sharing about one of my new “ish” favorite products for paper crafting! I’m obsessed with all shiny things. So naturally hot foil plates became a quick obsession of mine. It’s an amazing product that is actually quite simple to use and creates the most amazing texture and a little something extra to each project. Once you start, you just can’t stop!
If you haven’t yet tried your hand at this, it’s definitely worth the investment and the nature of the technique gives your creations a timeless and professional look. Take a look at how hot foil plates work in this short video:
Maybe you’ve seen this product, but aren’t quite sure how you would go about using it so I’m here today to share a few tips on my favorite ways to start incorporating hot foil designs into your cardmaking!
- Start with a greeting: Probably the easiest way to learn and accent your cardmaking. We’ve got some timeless greetings that add so much to your paper crafting projects.
Supplies | Good Greetings Foil Plates with Dies
Add some simple stripes in your favorite color combination, die cut and add dimension to create a little inset window perfect for the “SO Kind of You” foiled greeting.
See how adding a little foiled greeting can add so much to a card? This “Hello” is the perfect focal point for just about any design.
- Foil on colored cardstock: Create a floral background by foiling on our Color Crush Cardstock then add a little foiled “hi” greeting to finish it off. The touches of gold are so fun!
- Add an accent: A most favorite technique is stenciling a background and then adding a delicate gold dot foil for unexpected texture and shine! Don’t be afraid to layer your foiling over your stamped images.
- Foil your background: Try incorporating a foil background to your stamped design. It’s super simple and makes a BIG impact.
- Foil die cuts: Last but certainly not least, you can add foil designs to your die cut alphabets or basic shapes to create even more dimension!
I hope you won’t just take my word for it and you’ll give it a try. Hot foil plates are an amazing product that can offer so much to your designs! Enjoy & happy crafting,
Wow! What amazing cards and inspirational ideas that Amy shared with us! Be sure to follow The Stamp Market for more amazing card designs, and check out all of their hot foil plates in one place HERE in the shop! We hope you’ll give this trendy technique a try!