Hello! A sympathy card can be beautiful and uplifting because it's handmade by you. Anyone going through something difficult will appreciate getting a thoughtful note of love. Use these steps to recreate a similar card of your own. Then hand deliver or mail the card to someone you know could use a lift!
Paper: Cardstock: Green (Bazzill); Corrugated Cardstock: DCWV (Die Cuts With a View); Patterned paper: Yellow Diagonal (Simple Stories); Stickpins: Pearl (Maya Road); Lace: Tan (American Crafts); Cork: Pinked Circle (Little Yellow Bicycle); Pearls: Recollections; Tags: Green Plaid (Fancy Pants Design); Journaling spots: Bingo Card (Jenni Bowlin); Photo corners: Tan (Canson); Stickers: Black Label (Tim Holtz); Ink: Brown (Prima Marketing); tools, Punches: Heart (American Crafts); adhesive, Dot Runner (American Crafts); Glue Dots (Zots)
Here are some quick instructions to recreate this card:
1. Ink a piece of 4" x 5" corrugated cardstock with brown stamping.
2. Machine Stitch a 3.75" x 4.75" sheet of the yellow diagonal patterned paper to the corrugated paper and mount on a 4" x 5" card base.
3. Use a paper punch to punch three hearts from the red dot patterned paper and machine stitch down the center. Fold up the pieces to create a dimensional heart. Add pearl gems to the heart.
4. Create the layered part of the card with the "Sorry" Bingo card, a die cut leaf, a pinked cork circle, a black label sticker, the dimensional heart, and a pearl stickpin (see Image 3). Add brown lace to the bottom of the Bingo card.
5. Ink some brown photo corners with brown stamping ink and mount the Bingo card onto the main card.
Be sure to join us next hour when Allison Cope join us and a great stamping technique!
5:00 p.m. GIVEAWAY!!!
This hour Jillibean Soup's partner, Hampton Art is offering a Go Go crafter! This a fabulous tote to fill with all your crafty supplies. However, when not in use it folds flat! Easy for storing in between crops. Imagine rolling this into a Crop & Create event :)
(products and supplies in the Go-Go Crafter not included)
We also have a second amazing giveaway this hour from our friends at Technique Tuesday!
This is a special stamp created by Technique Tuesday just for this celebratory day! You can actually get this stamp for free. How great is that? All the details on the promotion they are offering can be found here!
Thank you Hampton Art and Technique Tuesday! Awesome prizes. For an opportunity to win this hour's great prizes, please leave a comment below by Friday, October 17! One winner will be randomly selected and all winners will be announced right here on the SCT blog on October 25th! All prizes will ship from each company.
We appreciate our partners very much and know you do too! Please take a moment to visit their facebook pages today to give them a HUGE "SCT thank you!" We know they love hearing from you!
For all of our readers/fans/followers that have taken a few minutes to thank each hour's sponsor…thank YOU! In a few short weeks we'll be chatting with them for our annual "12 days of holiday giving!" and if you have followed this blog for awhile, then you know you don't want to miss that celebration too.