Today, we would like to welcome Beatriz Jennings from San Jose, CA to share a fantastic quilted card technique with us. Welcome Beatriz! This card has all the warmth and texture that a baby’s quilt does—what a wonderful way to welcome a new little one into the world!
Here is a little bit about Beatriz:
HI, my name is Beatriz Jennings (Bety) I’m an Interior Designer. I am from Mexico, but I now live in the USA, with my husband and our son. I fell in love with scrapbooking when I was looking through a magazine and saw all of the beautiful things that you can do with paper. Right now I’m in love with card making and altered art. I have been scrapbooking for almost 3 years and I love to use ribbon, buttons, and flowers on most of my creations. I don’t know how to describe my style, but some people say that is a little bit romantic, feminine, and even shabby. Some of my work has been published in magazines like Paper Trends, Scrapbook Trends, Cards, Paper Crafts, and of course, Scrapbook and Cards Today.
I’d love you to visit my blog: http://iralamija.blogspot.com/
Here is what she did:
1. Cut a 7.5×5.5 piece of Kraft cardstock and fold it in half; distress edges with acrylic paint.
2. Cut a piece of white felt with pinking sheers (slightly smaller than card front).
3. Punch several 1×1” squares from different patterned papers and adhere to felt.
4. Zig zag stitch around the squares to secure them.
5. Adhere the felt to the card.
6. Paint the chipboard hearts.
7. Tie a piece of twill around card and adhere the hearts, flower, and button.
8. Apply rub-ons.
Little One by Beatriz Jennings