2017 Winter Wonderland Call
It’s hard to believe, but before you know it, the holidays will be here with their cozy family times, festive celebrations, and wintry outdoor play. It’s the perfect time to get started on those holiday craft projects! Even though it’s only September, Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine is getting excited thinking about winter, and we’re about to begin work on our Winter 2017 issue!
Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine is the leading paper craft publication and read in 120 countries. Now’s your chance to see your work, name, and photographs of the ones you love on the pages of this top-notch magazine. Read on to see how you can go about sending your best designs for consideration in our Winter 2017 issue!
What We Want
1. Projects to include in our popular Inspiration Gallery column, including:
- single page scrapbook pages
- double-page scrapbook pages
- pocket scrapbook pages (ie. Project Life)
- digital scrapbook pages
- mini albums (including December Daily albums)
- other paper craft projects such as home décor and gifts – particularly inspiring this time of year!
Themes for this issue include:
- Snow Play
- New Year’s
- Valentine’s Day
- Basically anything winter related!
Here’s what catches our eye at Scrapbook & Cards Today:
- well-balanced double page layouts
- multi-photo single page layouts
- journaling (in a large enough font that it will show up when sized down for print)
- innovative card designs
- great design
- superb execution
- clever uses of product
- fresh approaches
- overall creativity
2. Cards to include in our PageMaps column
Scrapbook & Cards Today’s sketches are always inspiring and this one is no exception. For this call, we are focusing on cards since the holidays are the perfect time to create and send them! Download the sketch here, use it to create a card and then submit it to us for possible publication. We encourage you to be creative with this sketch. Flip it, adjust it, or copy the design exactly — it’s simply a blueprint to get your ideas flowing! This is for our winter issue, so we ask that you keep seasonality in mind (as outlined in the themes above) when creating.
All submissions, including submissions for the PageMaps call, can be emailed to email@example.com. Please include your name, address, phone number and a detailed supply list. Also, please ensure that all files sent are less than 1mb.
Compensation includes a fabulous box of product from our sponsors plus a copy of this issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today! You will receive the product and issue when your project is returned to you. We look forward to seeing your work!
This call ends October 3rd, 2017!