by Christine Hill, Stouffville, ON
- Cut two pieces of wood grain paper to 5×10 (one will be the inside of the card and the other will be the outside).
- Score both at 5 inches so that you have 5×5 folded pieces of paper.
- Decorate the outside of the card as desired.
- You need to cut a series of lines around the centre score on the piece of paper that will be the inside of the card—mark the following points: 1”, 1.5”, 2”, 3”, 3.5”, and 4”.
- For the first two markings, draw a line .5” on either side of the center score; for the second two markings, draw a line 1.5” on either side of the center score; for the last two markings, draw a line 1” on either side of the center score.
- Using a metal ruler, self-healing mat, and craft knife, cut evenly along the lines that you drew in the above steps. It is important that your cuts end evenly.
- Fold the card liner in half; fold the three tabs back on the wrong side.
- Open the inside of the card with the right side facing and pop out the three tabs (you should now have three squares sticking out on the right side of the card.
- Adhere die-cut images to the tabs.
- Add a greeting or additional embellishments.