Corrugated alphas are one of Jillibean Soup’s hottest products (I should know!) and are great on their own or altered just a wee bit! Check out all the fun things you can do to the simple kraft alphas to make them go with any project or layout.
Here are some other fun ways to alter your alphas:
- Paint and dry brush with stickles for a more subtle glitter effect
- Ink plain kraft alphas with chalk ink
- Paint white the NEW white alphas then sand for a white wash look
- Paint with Tim Holtz crackle paint
- Spray with Tattered Angles or Smooch Spritz
- Paint then Glaze for a glossy effect
- When inking letters use a chalk ink. The alphas tend to soak up inks such as Stazon.
- Try using a paper piercer to hold on to your letters. The metal tip fits right into the natural groves of the alphas without damaging them.
- The number of coats of paint is up to your discretion.
But above all else…have fun with them! These alphas are so easily alterable and if you have another way to dress them up, please be sure to share that with us!
By Summer Fullerton