by Christine Hill, Stouffville, ON
instructions for the lid:
- Measure the outside of the tin.
- Cut paper to size (approximately .25 of an inch smaller on all sides).
- Round corners; adhere paper to tin using double sided tape.
- Attach embellishments.
instructions for the inside:
- Measure the width, length and height of the inside base of the tin.
- Divide the width by 4 and the length by 3; this forms the size of
the base of your squares.
- Add slightly less than 2 times the height of the tin to both the width and the length of each square and cut 12 squares in a variety of patterned papers.
- Score each box using the measurements calculated above.
- Cut one of the scored lines (either width or length) in the small
squares that have formed on each corner.
- Fold up box and adhere flaps to the side of the box.