With the holiday season rapidly closing in on us, we thought that we would share this super cute project by Aly Dosdall with you today.
Here’s Aly with her fun project:
1. double sided patterned paper
2. white or light colored cardstock
3. scissors and craft knife
4. flower (silk, felt, paper)
5. stamp & ink, letter stickers, or computer & printer for sentiment
6. mug template (see below)
1. Print template image on “B” side of patterned paper. If you don’t have a wide format printer, trim the paper to 8.5×11 before printing. Or you can print the template on cardstock and trace and cut.
2. Cut template out along solid line with scissors. Use your craft knife to cut out the inside of the mug handle. Fold along dotted line and adhere the bottom edges and right edges of the mug.
3. Create a sentiment block on the cardstock about 2×2 inches using stamps, letter stickers, or create it on your computer and print it out.
4. Cut two strips of ribbon, one 4.5 inches and the other 5.5 inches.
5. Adhere the flower(s) to the upper left corner of the mug card. Adhere the sentiment over the lower right side of the flower(s).
6. Adhere the smaller ribbon strip to the far left side of the card, and the larger ribbon strip to the right side leaving enough of each strip to tie in a knot.
7. Tie the ribbon in a square knot (right over left, left over right) and arrange as desired.
8. Slip in a packet of hot cocoa or apple cider and give as a gift to a neighbor, teacher, coworker, or friend!
Visit Aly’s blog for more fun ideas: http://alydosdall.blogspot.com/.