Kimber McGray is here to share her new favourite technique with us—paper piecing.
Here she is:
Since I can never get the right look by colouring in my stamped images (why don’t they ever look like they do in the catalogue?), I have started doing a lot of paper piecing to add both interest and colour to my stamped images.
Here is what you need:
• Stamped image on a few pieces of patterned paper/cardstock
• Card base
Here is what you do:
1. Stamp out the image on a few different pieces of patterned papers and cardstock.
2. Keep one stamped image as your “base.” I used the white cardstock as my base.
3. Cut out portions of each image on the other pieces of paper.
4. Layer the pieces onto the “base.”
5. Adhere the pieces of the image using both regular adhesive and/or dimensional adhesive.
6. Complete project with sentiment and embellishments.
This technique is so simple. It just takes a little time to cut out the different stamped layers. So worth it in the end!