by Adri Spyker
supplies: mini album, unknown · cardstock, Bazzill, Worldwin · embellishments, Oray, Karen Foster, Westrim, McGill, EK Success · adhesive, Tsukineko
- Remove front and back covers of mini album (to use as templates).
- Using template, cut out front cover from teal paper; cut out black cardstock portion and overlay, adhering in place; add ribbon where the teal and black meet; glue and trim excess; add stickers as shown.
- Using small corner rounder, trim bottom two corners; insert into cover slot; repeat for back cover using black cardstock and add desired pirate stickers.
- Open mini-album to the front and punch 1/8” hole in spine; insert charms on 16mm split ring; insert ring into hole; tie 1/8” red and 9 mm black ribbon onto ring and trim edges.
supplies: tissue box, Kleenex · cardstock, Canson, Bazzill, Worldwin ·patterned paper, Karen Foster · dowel, R.J. Moore Hardwoods · ink, ColorBox · embellishments, unknown, Making Memories, Mark Enterprises, We R Memory Keepers, McGill, Creative Memories
- Use an empty tissue box as your base. Cut small piece of styrofoam/oasis and attach to bottom of inside of tissue box and secure with strong adhesive of choice.
- Cut brown paper 5.5” high x 27” wide, fold in half and score 1/2” horizontal indentations for planks of the ship. Using circle cutter, trim off top two planks (this will form the top shape of the boat). Open the paper; cut along the fold leaving 3 “planks” uncut; refold closed.
- Using pieces away from seam, fold each piece at an identical angle (less than 90 degrees) outward, straightening to trim off excess leaving 1/2” “tabs”; refold towards each other glue together; let dry; attach to the tissue box with a light coating of glue; hold in place briefly.\
- Repeat for stern/back using a 90 degree angle fold; add anchors.
Note: the brown paper may not be big enough, so you will most
likely need to patch in places. Cover patches with rub-ons, a ladder, or extra planks – be creative!
- Use the remaining brown paper to cut out (adding tabs as you go) two pieces that will form the deck. One piece will be 4 1/2”-5” x 11” with a gradual narrowing towards one end. The second piece will be larger and 4/12” – 5” x 15”; repeat as before; score evenly to create planks. Mark and poke hole for mast later. Deck pieces will not quite meet; use matching
paper to fill in the gap.
Note: You may want to make a pattern of deck first for best fit.
main-mast red flag
- Cut red cardstock 12” long x 2 3/4” tall (using one 90 degree triangle edge).
- Glue widest part to top of the dowel, wrapping all the way around.
- Curl the flag in and out with a bone folder to the desired curves.
- Cut out sails; trim with oval cutter for sail shape; round off points.
- Punch holes (1/4” punch)
- Add rub ons, then insert sails onto dowel top from bottom up.
- Insert mast into deck hole, and down into foam at box bottom.
- Punch out coins and rub thoroughly with Yellow Ochre chalk/ink.
- Roll edges in glue, then gold glitter; adhere over “deck” seam.
supplies: treasure chest, Karen Foster ·adhesive, Tsukineko · chocolate coins, Bulk Barn
- Assemble Treasure Chest per instructions; glue tabs as suggested.
- Once container is dry, fill with chocolate coins, leaving the lid open.
supplies: red box, Wilton ·embellishments, Michael’s, Karen Foster
- Assemble red 1/2 lb candy box as per instructions.
- Cut 3/8” ribbon to 9” long.
- Wrap around box until it meets at the front; adhere to box with pirate sticker (covering both ends of ribbon).
supplies: cardstock, Bazzill, Worldwin · ink, Bazzill · embellishments,
Karen Foster, Basic Grey, Making Memories, McGill, EK Success, We R Memory Keepers
- Cut the red cardstock to 12×6 and score at 2” in from the left side and 4” in from the right side; fold both inward so that the two edges meet.
- Rub on the pirate lettering and eye-patch.
- Punch out a tag measuring 1 1/2” x 2 3/4” using two-sided black cardstock. To form key hole, punch 1/2” hole out of upper centre and using Xacto knife, cut out remaining key shape; rub with gray ink directly and randomly, removing excess with tissue.
- Punch hole in top of tag and in desired location on invite; attach with silver eyelet; add magnetic snap underneath as desired.
supplies: black favour bag, DMD· twill patch & tape, Karen Foster
black gift bag
supplies: medium black bag, DMD · sticker, Karen Foster Design