Hello and happy interNational Scrapbook Day 2017! The best holiday there is 🙂 For this layout I was inspired by the card created by Mendi Yoshikawa on page 69 of the Spring 2017 issue.
Supplies: Patterned paper, die cuts, Thickers, mini alphabet stickers, washi tape: Oh My Heart by Paige Evans / Pink Paislee; Cardstock, pen adhesive: American Crafts; Die cut machine: Silhouette Cameo 3; Cloud punch: Fiskars; Sequins: Craft supply; Modeling paste: Liquitex; Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop
I started by looking through the Silhouette Design Store for a rainbow cut file and used design id 73628.
Tip: I die cut each segment of the rainbow from a different color of patterned paper found in my Oh My Heart collection with Pink Paislee and then hand stitched through the center of each piece using the same color of thread as the paper for added texture and dimension.
Next I went on a search for some fun clouds and found a cute set of five of them by Lori Whitlock (design id 11654). I die cut a bunch of different sized clouds from textured white cardstock and then stitched around the edges using white thread. I also punched some smaller clouds from vellum.
Tip: For the background, I die cut a whole bunch of tiny raindrops from smooth white cardstock and then used a stencil and modeling paste to create a rainlike texture on top. Then I brought in some mixed media and used the packaging technique to apply blue watercolors over the background. Next I backed the cardstock with an ombre blue paper again to mimic rain.
Once all of the elements were ready (the shapes, the background, and the photo, which is my son's Kindergarten picture) I pieced and adhered them together to create a fun page inspired by the card!
Notice the fox die cut tucked into the photo layer – my son's name is Fox so it had to be done 🙂 For the finishing touch I added sequins to the mix for a pop of shine.
Thank you so much for joining us today! I hope it's been inspiring day for you!
5:00 PM GIVEAWAYS!
Happy National Scrapbooking day to all SCT readers! Your Next Stamp is excited to join the celebration! We have a fabulous new release today and would like to invite you to join our new release blog hop tonight at 10pm EST! Sneak peeks are going on all day and we’ve included some of the new products in our SCT prize package today! Enjoy your day!
- Whatnot Sentiments Eight Stamp Set
- Butterfly Border Die - releasing today!
- Good Vibes Stamp Set – releasing today!
- Enchanted Forest Gumdrops
- Crystal Clear and Sparkle Gumdrops
- Magical Pastel Gumdrops
Hello from American Crafts! This American Crafts stash is a craft-lovers' dream: Three different paper collections, game-changing tools, darling stickers, Thickers, and much more. Add celebrity designers Amy Tangerine, Maggie Holmes, Jen Hadfield, and Dear Lizzy to your craft room and let the crafting possibilities begin!
- We R Memory Keepers Mini Alphabet Punch Board
- We R Memory Keepers Banner Punch Board
Paper Grab Bags:
- Pebbles: Jen Hadfield Simple Life (12 x 12, double-sided)
- Crate Paper: Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams (12 x 12, doubled-sided)
- Bazzill: Specialty Foil Paper Cardstock (12 x 12, single sided)
- Dear Lizzy: Gold Alphabet
- AC: Darling
- Amy Tangerine: Stickers (62 piece)
- AC Oh Goodie: Vintage Clothespins (12 pieces)
- AC @Whittles: Screenprinted Clothespins
- AC Sticky Thumb Adhesive Foam Dots (2 packages)
- AC: Pink Craft Scissors (3 piece, varying sizes)
- Amy Tangerine: Washi Tape (6 piece)
- Amy Tangerine: Rubber Shapes (10 pieces)
- Amy Tangerine: Grab Bag (131 pieces)
- Amy Tangerine: Rub-on Transfer (2 piece)
- Amy Tangerine: Watercolor Resistant Cards
- Pebbles: Days of the Week Clothespins (7 pieces)
- We R Memory Keepers: Photolights 5 x 7 Backlit Frame
- We R Memory Keepers: Photolights Printable Backlit Film
Thank you so much American Crafts and Your Next Stamp for an amazing prize package! For an opportunity to win each hour's prizes, be sure to leave a comment below by Saturday, May 13th! Winners will be announced on May 15th. Good luck!
We hope you'll take a minute today to offer your thanks to our amazing sponsors by visiting their Facebook pages! And if you don't already "LIKE" them we sure hope you will as they always love to hear from our amazing readers. This hour, please visit these Facebook pages:
Thank you for joining us in our second hour! Be sure to join us each hour until 6:00 pm today for inspiration, tips and techniques from our team and of course PRIZES! If you’re just joining us, welcome and be sure to start at the very beginning for our 8:00 am challenge!
We want to see what you're doing today! Please tag us at #sctmagazineinsd2017!