Happy Monday morning SCT friends! We thought we would kick off this week with a little challenge for you! Do you love autumn? The warm colours. The happy celebrations. It’s a special time of year! Even though it’s only June (and we LOVE the summer!), Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine is excited to talk fall, y’all! We’re about to begin work on our Fall 2016 issue and would love to look at including your work.
FALL-THEMED PROJECTS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Seasonal cards (and general thank-you cards)
- Traditional scrapbook pages
- Pocket-style scrapbook pages (pages designed within divided page protectors)
- Digital scrapbook pages
- Mini albums
- Home decor items and other paper projects
POTENTIAL TOPICS INCLUDE
- Pumpkin picking
- Back to school
- Autumn splendour
WHAT CATCHES OUR EYE
- well-balanced, double page layouts
- multi-photo, single page layouts
- journaling (large enough font that it will show up when sized down for print)
SKETCH SAVVY COLUMN CALL
This is your chance to be a part of one of our most popular columns. Take a look at our sketch here, and use it as a springboard for your own design. Then send your project our way for consideration. Please keep seasonality in mind. And feel free to make this sketch your own. Turn it, adjust it, and adapt it to your unique creative style. Or follow it directly. We welcome all approaches and can’t wait to see your interpretations!
HOW TO SUBMIT
Email a well lit image of your project (smaller than 1mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fall 2016 SCT Call.” Please include:
- Your name (as you’d like to see it published) and contact info (not published)
- A brief supply list
- Any notes you feel might help us better understand what makes your project unique.
This call closes July 7.
If your work is accepted for publication, you will receive a copy of the issue, as well as a box of crafting supplies provided by our generous industry partners.
Thank you for submitting! We’re always inspired by your ideas and can’t wait to see what you’ve been working on.