Hello! You’ve reached the final post of our World Card Making Day celebration, and we’re getting merry here with design team member Mindy Eggen! Let’s take a look at her inspiration and your final challenge of the day!
Welcome, everyone! Happy World Card Making Day! I think it’s so fun to celebrate such an amazing hobby that can bring so much joy to people.
I’ve really been enjoying using sketches to create my cards as they make a great starting off point.
Stockings always make me happy at Christmas, so I chose the stocking image from the Stocking Bouquet stamp set. I stamped the image 3 times and changed up the colors on each one.
When using the sketch, I flipped the design to be able to fit all of my stockings onto the card front. Nothing screams Christmas like a good ol’ candy cane stripe. Lawn Fawn’s new Let It Shine paper pack was a perfect match!
To bring a little sparkle to the card without causing a distraction from the simplicity of it, I added thin strips of Lawn Fawn’s glitter cardstock.
Each stocking was attached with foam squares to add a little dimension to the card front. The bold black sentiment that I heat embossed draws your eye right to the center of the card.
Now it’s your turn! Use this sketch to create a card, and have fun!
Wow! That row of stockings sure makes us happy, too! Here’s your final World Card Making Day challenge: Create with the sketch that Mindy chose from our fall issue and submit your project based on the guidelines below. If you do, you’ll be entered to win this:
How about a Hero Arts gift card worth $50 to spend on the beautiful Stocking Bouquet stamp set that Mindy used above, or any other awesome Hero product that your heart desires?
- Create a card inspired by the sketch above;
- Submit an image to us (must be under 2mb!) at email@example.com and
- Put “WCMD Sketch Challenge” in your reference line;
- Submit your entry by Wednesday, October 14, 2020, at midnight ET. Winners will be announced here on the blog on the 24th of October!
Be sure to enter each of our five WCMD challenges today:
- 10am: A Color Challenge with Cathy Zielske
- 12pm: A Recipe Challenge with Latisha Yoast
- 2pm: A “One Product, Three Ways” Challenge with Guest Jenn Shurkus
- 4pm: An “Inspired By” Challenge with Susan R. Opel
- 6pm: A Sketch Challenge with Mindy Eggen
We are so excited to see your entries in our inbox! Thank you so much for joining us on World Card Making Day!