Are you having the best day? It really is like the Super Bowl for card markers, isn’t it? Thank you for joining us for our 2:00 pm challenge with Sheri Reguly. If this is your first time visiting us today, be sure to click on the previous posts below.
2:00 pm – We are joined by Sheri Reguly with an “over the rainbow” challenge!
4:00 pm – We are joined by Jill Dewey-Hawkins with a “clean and simple” challenge!
6:00 pm – We are joined by Editor-in-chief Susan R. Opel with a “let’s color” challenge!
Are you ready for Sheri Reguly to brighten your world? Have a look at this gorgeous card Sheri created!
“Hello SCT friends, and Happy World Card Making Day! Sheri Reguly here.
To help celebrate the occasion, I created a “just because” card to share with you using Pink Paislee’s, Whimsical collection, by Paige Evan’s. This is such a fun collection to create with! So many gorgeous colors, and playful patterns.
After creating my 4.5”x6” card base from white cardstock, I selected two of my favorite patterns from the 6×6 paper pad to incorporate into my design. I opted to use the colorful hex pattern as my background, and the multi-colored stripes with gold foil as my accent paper.
I trimmed the hex patterned paper to 4.5”x6”and adhered it directly to my card front. Next, I centered and adhered a 4”x3.75” block of white cardstock to the upper portion of the card front. A 4.5”x1” strip of striped patterned paper was then adhered directly below the white cardstock. A gold foil zig zag sticker was adhered along the top edge of the striped patterned paper, and a white/gold hearts sticker was adhered to the bottom edge. (*tip – the white/gold heart sticker wasn’t quite long enough to fit the entire width of my card. I did a simple cut and adhered the two pieces separately, one extending to the right edge of my card, and the other to the left.)
The puffy sentiment sticker “hides” space where there is a gap between both portions of the border sticker.
I then selected three 2”x2” patterned paper swatches from the swatch pad, layered them, and adhered the combined piece to the center of the white cardstock using adhesive foam. This piece was then embellished using a combination of cardstock and puffy stickers. A gold enamel dot adhered to the center of the flower and a coordinating gold paperclip added the perfect finishing touch.
SUPPLIES: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned Paper, Swatch Pad, Cardstock Stickers, Cardstock Stickers With Foil Accents, Puffy Stickers: Pink Paislee; Enamel Dots: Echo Park Paper Co., Doodlebug Designs; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives, Therm O Web; Other: Gold Paperclip
Thank you so much for joining us today! HAPPY CARD MAKING!!!”
~ Sheri Reguly
Thanks for brightening our day, Sheri! We are better together!
Our challenge this hour is to create a card full of all the colours in the rainbow! Sheri created a card full of happy colours and we can’t wait to see what you create too!
- Create a card full of colour and send an image of it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put “WCMD 2:00 pm challenge” in your reference line.
- Ensure your image is less than 2mb. (very important or we cannot share it!)
- You have until October 13th to send your submission to us. We will share a selection of today’s challenge submissions on October 15th!
Our dear friends at Lawn Fawn would like to share a fabulous prize package including the new “Flippin’ Awesome interactive die set along with Tree Before ‘n Afters stamp and the Fall Fling 6×6 paper pad for one lucky SCT reader!
To enter our WCMD giveaways:
- Leave a comment below by October 13th telling us your favourite Lawn Fawn product;
- For a second entry, leave a comment on the post with this prize on our Instagram page;
- For a third entry, leave a comment on the post with this prize on our Facebook page;
- One winner for each prize today will be randomly selected and announced on October 15th.
- You do not have to participate in the challenge for our hourly prizes…but we would love it if you do!
Thank you for joining us for our 2:00 pm challenge! See you at 4:00 pm!