Thank you for joining us for our 4:00 pm World Card Making Day event and a clean and simple card challenge with team member Jill Dewey-Hawkins! Below is today’s schedule so be sure to visit each post for inspiration, challenges and prizes!
4:00 pm – We are joined by Jill Dewey-Hawkins with a “clean and simple” challenge!
6:00 pm – We are joined by Editor-in-chief Susan R. Opel with a “let’s color” challenge! “
“Hello, fellow card makers—today is OUR DAY! Jill here today to share a clean and simple card to celebrate World Card Making Day! I seem to always be busy on the actual WCMD, but I like to acknowledge the day and celebrate with all my crafty friends nonetheless.
For this card, I wanted to create a base using nothing but some masking and ink blending.
Admittedly, I just eyeball some straight lines on to mask off with tape. (So don’t look super close, as they might not be perfect! Wink!) If you don’t feel confident doing that, just use a ruler and a pencil. Be sure you don’t “trap” your guidelines under the ink, however. Often times, once the pencil parks are under ink, they will not erase after.
Supplies CARDSTOCK: Neenah; DIES: Concord & 9th; INK: Ranger; Washi Tape: Scotch 3M; ADHESIVE: Therm O Web
After blending on the Ranger Distress Oxide inks (Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, and Squeezed Lemonade), I added some stitched lines to give the card some added texture. I then die cut the speech bubble sentiment a few times and adhered those all together for some heft before mounting it to the card panel with some dimensional foam adhesive.
I wanted to add a little sparkle, so I cut some silver sparkle washi tape into thin strips and added that to the panel before adhering everything to the card base.
The result is a clean card, full of bright gratitude! I am truly a sucker for clean and crisp stripes. 😉
I hope you are able to enjoy World Cardmaking Day by sneaking in some time to create a few cards. I’m hoping to mail a bunch of cards out soon to continue the celebration!
Thanks for joining me here today!”
~ Jill Dewey-Hawkins
Thanks Jill for a beautiful, clean and simple card with so much pop and colour!
Our challenge this hour is to create a clean and simple card! Jill’s card is graphic and full of impact and we can’t wait to see what you create too!
- Create a clean and simple card and send an image of it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put “WCMD 4:00 pm challenge” in your reference line.
- Ensure your image is less than 2mb. (very important or we cannot share it!)
- You have until October 13th to send your submission to us. We will share a selection of today’s challenge submissions on October 15th!
We are thrilled that our friends from Crafter’s Companion are joining us with these amazing prizes:
To enter our WCMD giveaways:
- Leave a comment below by October 13th ;
- For a second entry, leave a comment on the post with this prize on our Instagram page;
- For a third entry, leave a comment on the post with this prize on our Facebook page;
- One winner for each prize today will be randomly selected and announced on October 15th.
- You do not have to participate in the challenge for our hourly prizes…but we would love it if you do!
Thank you to Jill and Crafter’s Companion for the inspiration and prizes and to you for joining us for our 4:00 pm challenge! See you at 6:00 pm with our final challenge and wrap up. We have a fantastic giveaway and a brand new product to share with you!